Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Unabated

UNABATED
                                                         By Sonja L. Batiste

With unabated conviction, I will finish this race
Not focused on my situation, not focused on the pace
I will let no one define the man they think they see
My existence, my purpose is determined by me

I will not become absorbed in the mistakes I have made
So caught up in the past and let the future slip away
I will not let the color of my skin, dictate the man inside
So caught up with excuses, and swallowed up by pride.

My destiny, my purpose, God has laid the plan
And I will not let it be taken, by the selfishness of man
My dreams, my ambitions are things that will be achieved
By what God has placed inside, no matter what you choose to see

So, just keep on doing you and believe what you may
Keep on judging me, letting your feelings lead the way
But that which is for me, is not predicated on what you feel
God will solidify my destiny and His word will allow me to heal

No comments:

Post a Comment